Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Very Informative Dome Information

I recenly wrote an article for Dome Times Magazine about buying an older Dome.  Our Dome is about twenty-five years old.  There are challanges when buying a home of non-traditional construction and hopefully my article will help those of you interested in buying or building your own dome.

Over the past several months my husband and I have been discussing the possibility of adding a couple of extensions to our Dome.  I started researching and found several very informative web sites.  These sites are not necessarily about extensions, but they do show you what other people have done to their Domes and several sites offer a variety of floor plans.  Below are links to some of the web sites I visited.  As I find new links I will add them to this page.


Dome Times Magazine                                  
EarthMountainView.com                                   
AIDomes                       

Natural Spaces                                             

Good Karma Domes                                    
Oregon Domes                                                 

Eric Randall Dome Links
Concrete Dome Kits
Geo Dome
Timberline Domes
Domes Northwest


 



                                            

3 comments:

  1. We are trying to buy a dome here in Illinois. So having as hard time finding comparables. It is frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me where you got your insurance? We are having a hard time finding anyone willing to insure it!

    ReplyDelete